1. Never use pronouns like we and us in your website, instead, write a name.
2. Make your visitor comfortable by encouraging his/her confidence in your
website and remove every uncertainty you can.
3. Your website should focus on lead capture rather than drawing useless
4. Offer listings or virtual tour of your website to your visitors.
5. Do not burden your website with too much stuff.
6. You cannot control visitor’s action but try to move them along a preferred
7. Avoid spelling mistakes and other grammatical mistakes in your website
8. Compare your website with the competitor’s website but do not copy.
9. Include a ‘Resource’ section for your website.
10. Add excellent quality articles to your website in order to improve real
estate marketing. Adding articles to your website will make it search engine
11. Improve the keywords on your home page and every other page by following SEO
12. Add useful content in order to attract leads from your website.
13. Try to offer online support using online forms and emails.
14. Publish your press releases.
15. Submit your articles to other article directories.
16. Create a blog for your website and write on it regularly.
17. Add a forum to your website or add link of your website to other forums
18. Add your website to major and minor search engines, so that any person can
see your website.
19. Try to expand your website by adding more of quality content that is not
only appealing but attractive enough to catch visitors to your website.
20. Increase your knowledge of internet technology and the tools you can use to
promote your website.
21. Share your website link with other websites and vice-versa, irrespective of
their page rank.
22. Eliminate all points of attrition present in your website.
23. Use RSS Feeds on your website to provide visitors with fresh news every time
they visit your website.
24. Never relocate your blog once it has been there for a long time.
25. Promote your blog by listing the same in blog directories
26. In order to capture maximum leads from your website, use both online and
offline marketing tools on your website.
27. Get your website address printed on your business card or every postcard you
28. Try to add keywords in hyperlinks as search engines do read the text within
29. Offer an eye catching report about real estate on your website and offer
them to the visitors for free.
30. Offer tips for first time home buyers and other relevant information in your
31. Allow users to choose the option of contacting them by phone or not.
32. If you are losing visitors to your website then add more valuable and useful
33. Use pay per click advertising method for your website. Go for Google AdWords.
34. Work in partnership with other website owners and try to overcome your
35. Never use same real estate strategies on your website as found on others.
Use new strategies of real estate that could not be found on any other website,
as this will help the visitor to remember your website.
36. Design your website for your visitors and not for the competitors.
37. Research the top keywords for your website and dedicate one separate page
for each of the top keywords.
38. Add a sitemap file to your website in order to get listed in search engines.
39. Provide easy navigation to the visitors.
40. Add an html sitemap for your visitors to read and follow the links present
within your website.
41. Use imagination while framing new real estate marketing strategies.
42. Never repeat your real estate strategy.
43. Adopt modern ways of communication in your website.
44. Visitors who sign up on your website must be sent a professional and
45. Provide a clean and simple home page to the visitors.
46. Offer direction to visitors even though they will make their own move.
47. Be interactive with your website visitors.
48. While linking to other websites try to capture the links wisely.
49. Add another website along with your first website, in order to attract other
visitors. Sometimes, the visitors who aren’t satisfied with your first website
may become a lead on your second website.
50. Clean up the unnecessary posts from your blog regularly
51. Ban users from blogs that are real estate agents and are trying to take up
52. Never post your email address directly on your website otherwise you will be
spammed daily with tons of junk email.
53. Provide your visitors with a free real estate book that should title
something like, “XX Secrets to real estate marketing” or “Make money with real
54. Improve your website’s credibility by making it more attractive and
55. Use every weapon you have got to beat your competitors.
56. Use all the latest technologies on your website but in a wise manner.
57. Add your blog to real estate encyclopedia like Inman Wiki.
58. Improve your website presence by adding your website in each and every
59. Check your website statistics and analyze the weak points.
60. Track your website’s visibility using Google Analytics.
61. Spread your website link through emails, blogs, posts, forums, etc.
62. Foremost objective of your website should be lead generation.
63. Provide your visitors the option to create and add pages of their choice.
64. Provide promotional tips to your visitors for free.
65. Make your website Google friendly.
66. Target negative keywords also for your real estate website.
67. While adding articles go for quality and not quantity.
68. Make your website load faster.
69. Reduce the size of images you use on your website.
70. Add Google ads on your website in order to generate revenue.
71. Choose a domain service that offers uninterrupted service with 24 hrs.
72. Provide your visitors a free eBook when they contact you using the contact
73. For a real estate to be effective, answer your customers within the least
possible time and not more than 24 hrs.
74. Provide other valuable downloads to your members.
75. Put pictures of the property you are selling on your website.
76. Point links that are useful to your visitors.
77. Don’t make your website page too lengthy. It should not me more than 1000
78. Provide specific information to the visitor instead of useless and lengthy
79. Include meta tags in your website
80. Target a specific market first instead of targeting the entire country at
81. Be patient while promoting your website as the effects are seen in long
82. Use MLS feeds
83. Provide a Google map of the area or the property you are selling.
84. Allow multiple listing enquiries.
85. Update your website content on a weekly basis.
86. Allow the users to see the listing in one click instead of following a long
path to see a particular listing.
87. Add Google feedback to your website.
88. Add a mortgage calculator to your website.
89. Add testimonials from your past clients so that visitors can learn about
90. Do not use pre-designed templates or frame-based sites as they hurt you on
the search engine rankings.
91. Let the user know about your background by creating an about us or about me
92. Try not to use Flash technology on your website as it also hurts the search
93. Arrange home buying seminars on your website.
94. Make sure you retain ownership of your website; a lot of web design
companies will own the site even after payment.
95. Do not overwhelm your potential clients with useless cookie cutter articles
provided by a lot of web design companies; instead try giving them useful
96. Gain control on the content of your website. Ask your web designer to give
you the ability to easily edit and add content to the site yourself.
97. Do not use pop-ups to annoy to potential client on your site.
98. Always post your website link within the signature of blogs and message
99. Make sure your website appears on all resolutions without having to scroll
100. Check the site in multiple browsers to ensure browser compatibility.
101. Finally, post your links in any relevant online resource but make sure not
to spam. This will not only help you in your rankings but also build your online